PITTSBORO – Six teams have been selected as semifinalists for the Chatham County High School Business Plan Contest sponsored by Brookwood Farms Barbecue. The teams are:
- Baby Care with team members Jasmine Farrar and Millison Newby from SAGE Academy, advised by Walter Johnson
- Bakery Bliss with team members Alyssa Binkley, Dee Dee Davis, Heather Wood, and Courtney Moore from SAGE Academy, advised by Walter Johnson
- Cool Shoes Bro with team members Shade Lee Montano and Oscar Avilez from Jordan Matthews High School, advised by Luke Nicks
- Rent-a-Random with team members Wyatt Grillo and Angel Gaytan from Chatham Central High School, advised by Lynda Burke
- That’s Entertainment: Dinner & A Show with team members Amber Brown, Jasmine Roberson, and Adrienne Beranger from Chatham Central High School, advised by Everett Goldston
- Wheels & Reels with team members Cody Jeffrey and Nathan Woolard from Jordan Matthews High School, advised by Luke Nicks.
The competition was launched in February 2012. The first three rounds required teams to create a business plan, analyze the business structure and marketing, and prepare financials.
The teams will face off this month by presenting their business plans as an investment pitch to a panel of judges. Three teams will be selected and awarded prizes of $500, $300, and $200.
For more information, contact the Chatham Economic Development Corporation at 919-542-8274.